Monday, December 8, 2014

Leaving Kentucky!

I am leaving Kentucky!!!! I cannot believe it. I have been here 7 and a half months and I have had the time of my life!!! It has been so much fun and I have grown so much. I love the people here and I am going to miss it. I am excited for my new area and my new companion. I will find out tomorrow morning where I will be and who I will be with. I have loved serving with Elder Mower, I only got to be with him for 6 weeks but it was a blast. This week was super fun! Our mission president came up with a new idea called Cookies and Carrols. Along with the He is the Gift Initiative... our mission president wants us to go around with the members and go caroling to their neighbors and bring them cookies! So we went on Saturday with the Hymas family and we had the time of our lives, I loved every second of it. We were able to watch He is the Gift with one of the families and we just had a great time spreading Christmas cheer. Caroling is the greatest and people love it. I am not the best singer but I try, and I actually joined the ward choir last week! I am super excited to keep caroling wherever I go! Christmas time is the best. So we are still working with KC and Megan. KC is doing good, he had a loved one pass away this past week and we were able to help him overcome and help him have a hope for the future. He is such a good guy and I am going to miss him. Megan is doing good, she is reading in the Book of Mormon and she read 1 Nephi 8 and had some questions about the symbolism. We told her to keep reading and she did! She read 3 or 4 chapters that night and she wrote down what each thing symbolized. It was awesome. I am excited to hear about them and their progression. It has been a great time in Kentucky and I am really going to miss this place but I will go wherever the Lord needs me to go. Love you all and I hope you all remember the true meaning of Christmas, check out the video He is the Gift, it is a super powerful shot clip but it has strengthened my faith in Christ and I know it will do the same for you!!

Haylie Hymas right before we went caroling!

No comments:

Post a Comment