Monday, July 8, 2013

The Lord answers prayers!

I was able to meet President and Sister Porter this week, they are awesome people, I love them! They set a new rule that we are to run 30 minutes every morning. It is awesome, I actually like it, it wakes me up. This week has been a good one, we have been teaching and finding! One guy named Lester has met with the missionaries for about 10 years on and off.... he invited us over and told us he is ready to change and the Mormon thing is the right thing to do!!!! I am super excited and I sure hope everything works out! He is a big black guy, but he is so nice and is just a big teddy bear. For the fourth of July we had breakfast at a members house with the ward, it was awesome. The missionaries helped make dutch oven.  We played corn hole, I have never played it before, its a fun game though! It is way popular here in Indiana!  Crazy things happen everyday, we run into the most interesting people, I love it! We ran into some dude the other day that is mad at God cause his 2 dogs died! He vowed never to go to church again, he prayed that they would stay alive but the Lord didn't listen to him, so he is now mad at God. We told him that it is God's will.... we go through these things to become closer to him, he strongly disagreed, we talked some more and testified of trails and how they bring us closer to the Lord. We are going to go visit him soon, so that will be good, he is a good guy, just a little confused!  Yesterday I fasted for guidance to meet people that the Lord has prepared for us.... fast Sundays are a lot more difficult on the mission because you cant just sleep through them.  That night we were riding our bikes and we ran into a couple that actually stopped and listened to us!!! They seemed very interested, I am super excited for them, we are going back to see them on Wednesday! 

The Lord answers prayers! I have a strong testimony of fasting, it really does work! It has worked for me every time I fast with faith! 

"Pray as  if everything depended on God and then work as if everything depended on you."                                                                                                                                                                                    

We drive past this corn field everyday!



No comments:

Post a Comment