Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happiness!

Another great week in Ohio! We ran into some very interesting people.... We ran into 3 German people and we were actually able to teach one. It was funny because at the doorstep we were talking, I recognized her accent and I asked her about it. Then I said oh yeah I am German too... Then we talked about Germany for a while.  I asked her to say Koln or whatever that town is she sounded German and I thought it was pretty funny, I started laughing after she said it cause Grandpa would always try to teach me but I never got it down. She was a very sweet lady and we had a good lesson with her. Then a couple days later we ran into a guy from England. I told him my brother was there right now. We started talking and we asked him what makes him happy. He said nothing. We asked him again... nothing makes you happy? He replied yes, there is nothing in this world that makes me happy. Then we asked him about his family... he said they are more of a burden then a blessing. Then we asked him what he thought the purpose in life is.... he said nothing. It was very sad. The guy was very nice to us he just had a bad view of life. We talked to him about God and how he wants us to be happy. He nicely said good bye and went inside. This was a testimony builder... it really made me step back and view life and the gospel. God sent us here to be happy, and that is why he created the plan for us. Yes, at times life gets hard but there are so many things in this world that can bring us happiness. The Gospel of Jesus Christ does just that. It brings happiness to everyone that embraces it. God has blessed us with so many things in this life and we sometimes need to look at things a different way. The gospel is true and this church is true. Love you all, thank you so much for all your prayers and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment